Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Proper 20

Jesus said, “If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.”

I recall how one of my teachers in grade school tried to drill this point home to us. When we would come in from recess we would have to line up at the door before we could enter the school. Occasionally he would invert the line, so that the last one was first and the first last.

While that wasn’t exactly what Jesus meant, it certainly has helped me remember this important biblical truth. Jesus was the last of all. He was the servant of all. Even though He should lead us from a high an lofty position, He came to earth to serve me by dying on the cross by a lowly and painful death. Thank you Jesus for being the last of all and the servant of all.

These Seeds of Faith have been sown by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Bridgeport, NE. I’m Pastor Allen Strawn.

No comments: