Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Proper 19

A man whose son was possessed by a demon cried out to Jesus for help, “’But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.’ And Jesus said to him, "'If you can'! All things are possible for one who believes." Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!’"

Indeed Lord, “I believe; help my unbelief!” I see all of the works of evil, yet I know that you have won the victory, “I believe; help my unbelief.” I know that you care for my sick child, yet healing seems so far away. “I believe; help my unbelief.” I know that you have forgiven me through the blood of your Son on the cross, yet my sin seems so great. “I believe; help my unbelief.

These Seeds of Faith have been sown by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Bridgeport, NE. I’m Pastor Allen Strawn.

No comments: