Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Last Sunday in the Church Year

Jesus likes to compare sheep and goats. Not that earthly goats are bad. Sheep, that is believers, go to heaven when Jesus comes again and goats, that is unbelievers, go to hell.

Jesus says of the sheep in Matthew 25:35ff:

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

Yet it wasn’t that these sheep did great things, for they responded…

Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?

It wasn’t that they tried to do good, it was that they lived in faith as forgiven, redeemed children of God, through the blood of Jesus.

These Seeds of Faith have been sown by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Bridgeport, NE. I’m Pastor Allen Strawn.

No comments: