Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

27th Sunday after Pentecost

Faithful. It’s such a little word. Yet it has major implications when we are not faithful. We pledge faithfulness to our spouse. When we aren’t faithful it hurts the relationship. Many end up in divorce. We are asked to faithfully carry out our duties at our job. When we don’t, there are consequences; garnished wages, lack of productivity, or being fired.

The same is true for our God in heaven. He demands perfect faithfulness. If you thought faithfulness to your spouse or boss was a challenge, faithfulness to a God who demands perfection is impossible.

So how can God say in Matthew 25, “well done good and faithful servant?” If I can’t be perfect, than I need the One who has been perfect in my place, Jesus Christ. To be faithful to Him is to trust that He has forgiven all my sins.

These Seeds of Faith have been sown by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Bridgeport, NE. I’m Pastor Allen Strawn.

No comments: