Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Seeds of Faith

I must go. Often these are words that come after a nice, long, pleasant visit with a friend. We have had a good chat. I’m sad it is over, but I must go home now.

I must go. These words can also be uttered when you are dreading the appointment ahead. I must go to the doctor and get the test results.

Our Savior from sin, Jesus, also lived these “ I Must Go,” moments. No matter what lay before Him, whether a joyous feast with His disciples or a conversation with those who didn’t believe Him to be the Savior, Jesus must go. He must go to the cross. He must go to His death.

Not because Jesus’ pleasant visit to this world was over. But because His love for us was so great, Jesus must go to the cross to take away our sin.

These Seeds of Faith have been sown by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Bridgeport, Nebraska.

No comments: