Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Proper 13C

"The land of a rich man produced plentifully.
'What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?' 'I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.'

But God said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?' So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God."

Be prepared for when your soul is demanded of you. How? With the richness of Jesus’ sacrifice as the only thing that makes you rich. God’s treasure given freely to you is eternal life in Jesus.

These Seeds of Faith have been sown by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Bridgeport, NE. I’m Pastor Allen Strawn.

No comments: