Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Lent 4

I cannot imagine the hurt and the pain that go along with having a pigheaded child. Especially one that would be so bold as to demand, “Give me all the money I will get when you die! Give it to me now, because I am leaving home never to return again!”

What a slap in the face.

Yet that is what we have done to God. We boldly walk in and say, “give me my life the way I want it now. I am venturing out on my own with no regard for you.”

In the Parable of the Prodigal Son, Jesus tells us about our God who is willing to run out to us when we have pigheaded schemes of doing it our own way. He runs out to us through Jesus our Savior, who humbled Himself to death to bring us back into God’s Family

These Seeds of Faith have been sown by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Bridgeport, Nebraska. I’m Pastor Allen Strawn

No comments: