Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Easter 6

As the school year draws to a close and graduations are here, there are so many graduates who are wondering: what will happen to my friends? Will we remain friends forever? Will we stay in touch through college? What about after I’m married and have kids and a job?

Friends are indeed precious to us. Our Savior knows the importance of friends. He says in John 15: “I know longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.”

Friends share everything with each other. And so has our best friend, Jesus. What has He shared? That He has chosen us to be the recipients of His salvation. That’s what it means to be Jesus’ friend.

These Seeds of Faith have been sown by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Bridgeport, Nebraska. I’m Pastor Allen Strawn

No comments: