Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lent 2

Jesus looked at His disciples and asked “Who do you say that I am?”

You are the Christ! Peter boldly proclaims. Good answer Peter, now let me tell you what that means. That means I’m going suffer at the hands of the people you normally look up to. I am going to be killed then three days later I’m going to rise again.

No way, Jesus! Never, we won’t let this happen to you. After all, you are the Christ!

Get behind me Satan, says Jesus.

Anyone who doesn’t want Jesus to go to the cross, to be a suffering savior, is wanting the things of Satan not the things of God.

Jesus had to be the suffering, dying, and rising Messiah so that you can have eternal life by the forgiveness of sins.

These Seeds of Faith have been sown by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Bridgeport, Nebraska. I’m Pastor Allen Strawn.

No comments: