Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2008

Lent 2

Born again. Right Jesus. You want me to get back into my mother’s belly and be born again. Wouldn’t that be silly? How could I even fit, I’m all grown up. As if being born once isn’t traumatic enough.

Jesus’ response to Nicodemus. “Truly, truly I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”

This being born again must be pretty important that Jesus would describe it and connect heaven to it! Water, Spirit, and heaven collide in Baptism. Out with the old birth, in with the new. The sinful child from conception is gone. The new man given birth in water and the Spirit, whether your 1 day or 100 years. With the new man comes heaven given to you. Thank you Jesus.

These Seeds of Faith have been sown by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Bridgeport, NE. I’m Pastor Allen Strawn.

No comments: