Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Seeds of Faith

What happens when I die? Will I wander around chatting with a few select people who can understand me? Will I share messages from the afterlife reassuring my loved ones? Will I become an angel, like one of those cute little cherubs that sit on my mantle?

While all those spirit shows on TV try to point us to something solid that gives us hope after we die, those things are not good enough in God’s plan. The work He has given us to do, we need to complete now, before we die. He doesn’t desire us to be disembodied spirits floating around, or to change us into what we are not.

Instead, all those who believe in Jesus as their Savior are only to rest after they die, eagerly awaiting when we will be reunited with our bodies in perfection.

These Seeds of Faith have been sown by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Bridgeport, NE. I’m Pastor Allen Strawn.

No comments: